[Question] Need help with items

This is a discussion for the topic [Question] Need help with items on the board マッピング[進捗報告] (Mapping - Progress).

Author Topic: [Question] Need help with items  (Read 331 times)

Zero

on: August 30, 2018, 08:57:01 PM
Do items in the maps use any kind of shared vscripts? Because I just can't find any tutorial that would teach me how to display item timings. I'm pretty sure they use game text but probably using vscripts to display it especially when there's multiple items and you need to display them in single string.

shufen

• Administrator
  • 常に本気
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:29:37 AM
Yes they are using VScript to making countdown in some maps.
You can see the stuff on ze_lotr_minas_tirith_p5.

Zero

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:44:33 PM
Thanks for the pointing the map out.
Had a look at the map just now.. More like, they create a button that creates the so called skill effects and the graphic effects. Then, they grab the button hammer id, and create a map configuration to be used by server plugin known as "EntWatch". That plugin is the one that displays the cooldown on HUD and player's steam tag.
To be honest, it's a bit difficult for me to use because you need to install SourceMod and EntWatch to see the item countdown.
I rather use vscript to do item countdown since you dont need to install anything to test it. Judging from the entwatch map configurations, it's possible to replicate the plugin except displaying item name and cooldown on steam tag.  :P

shufen

• Administrator
  • 常に本気
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 07:35:32 PM
Yes. If countdown will implement within the map looks cool.
Maybe you can use also overhead sprite for countdowns if not using the hud. (like ze_platformer)

Zero

Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 10:18:43 PM
It can be done. Both scripting and non-scripting method. Both use env_sprite that is parented to item's weapon. Due to env_sprite limitation, where you are required to make duplicates of sprites like 30 of it which is painful to do so, it's better to do scripting method.  :'(

TinyPortal © 2005-2015