[Solved] Mapping相談 : "env_instructor_hint"の使い方

This is a discussion for the topic [Solved] Mapping相談 : "env_instructor_hint"の使い方 on the board マッピング[進捗報告] (Mapping - Progress).

Author Topic: [Solved] Mapping相談 : "env_instructor_hint"の使い方  (Read 220 times)

Zero

JP (Google Translated)
誰も "env_instructor_hint"の使い方を知っていますか? サーバー "bosshp"と "shop quiz" "plugins"と同様に、個々のプレーヤーにテキストを表示することを想定しています。
私はhttps://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/L4D2_Level_Design/Instructor_Hintsに従ってそれを使用しようとしましたが、何のメッセージも表示されませんでした。 エンティティはCSGOで壊れていますか?

EN
Does anyone know how to use "env_instructor_hint"? It's suppose to show text to individual player similar to server "bosshp" and "shop quiz" "plugins".
I tried using it according to https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/L4D2_Level_Design/Instructor_Hints but it didn't show any message. Is the entity broken in CSGO?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:41:31 AM by Zero »

shufen

• Administrator
  • 常に本気
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:09:01 PM
That is depenced on "gameinstructor_enable 1" and "sv_gameinstructor_disable 0".
Maybe it isn't good entity if you need to show up texts for every players.

Zero

Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 11:42:18 PM
Er, it works the same way the Sourcemod plugins display hint text. It can be displayed to individual player or, to everyone. The instructor hint was introduced by L4D2 developer team to help L4D2 players to look for mission's object by highlighting the object and pointing out location as it's main mechanic. The other mechanic, which is used by SourceMod PrintHintText, displays the objective message to players in the form of instructor hint. Either individually or all players.

By piecing out the clues, I recently found out that, due to it's main mechanic, which was abused by ninja defuser in csgo competitive game, the CSGO developer team made the instructor hint inaccessible to 'env_instructor_hint' entity like, long time ago.

Here's the link to the video where the mechanic got abused in competitive game.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1K2JBD4jXmQ

I guess there's nothing can be done here except using SourceMod to do the job now..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:31:10 AM by Zero »

shufen

• Administrator
  • 常に本気
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 11:52:18 PM
env_instructor_hint is already used in some maps.

Zero

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 12:40:51 AM
Thank you so much. I had a look at in-game settings.. My 'gameinstructor_enable' were set to 0, that's why I can't see the instructor hint. The instructor hint is working normally.

Now I've found out that, hint text that is used by 'bosshp' and 'shop quiz' is not instructor hint, but the game internal feature itself.  :'(

Thank you for solving my problem.

Updated: I decompiled some maps that are not using BossHP and found out that, you can display the hint message by using "env_hudhint".
Usage:
"env_instructor_hint" -> Pointing out mission's location.
"env_hudhint" -> Display hint text at the bottom of player's screen.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:41:01 PM by Zero »

TinyPortal © 2005-2015