Mapping Consultation : Particle Browser and Particles

This is a discussion for the topic Mapping Consultation : Particle Browser and Particles on the board マッピング[進捗報告] (Mapping - Progress).

Author Topic: Mapping Consultation : Particle Browser and Particles  (Read 324 times)

Zero

on: September 14, 2018, 09:04:45 PM
Can someone point me out why my particle browser is empty? Look at the pic below.

There's particle system files (.PCF) inside csgo/materials/particles and csgo/particles (both possession and custom maps' particles). I rescanned for 'all' and 'csgo' mods and it's still empty. :'(

English:
I need help with this particle thingy for skill gfx and then, everyone can try actual rpg npc combat in csgo soon. It can be very difficult to defeat depending on pattern settings.

日本語: (Google Translated)
私はスキルgfxのためにこの粒子のおかげで助けを必要とし、誰もがすぐにcsgoで実際のRPGのnpcの戦闘を試すことができます。パターンの設定に応じて敗北することは非常に難しいことがあります。

dare ka tatsukete onegai shimasu!!!

kulu

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:02:21 PM
you need edit particles_manifest.txt in Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\particles

• first create pak01_dir.vpk copy.
  • open pak01_dir.vpk with XVI32
  • Search -> find for "particles_manifest"
  • Overwrite 1 character (i every time write "particles_m4nifest")
  • save after , open pal01_dir.vpk with VIDE
  • open partiles file ( in VIDE ) and find it overwrite particles_manifest , right click and Extract
  • put in csgo\particles and Rename "particles_manifest"
  • open txt and write "file" "particles/yourparticlefilename.pcf" (As already mentioned)
  • you can see particles in SDK and CSGO

sorry my bad english.
if you want to understand better, watch this video pls(https://youtu.be/_Eti-U7t6D4?t=1m47s)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:04:57 PM by kulu »

Zero

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:58:04 PM
No worries, I pretty much understand everything you said.

Based on what you've written, the reasons why I couldn't view particles in SDK is because I don't have the particles inside my VPK and I'm also missing particles_manifest.txt. I guess I googled the wrong stuffs.

So, I need to make two backups before doing anything. One is pak01_dir.vpk and one is particles_manifest.
pak01_dir.vpk for adding custom particles and particles_manifest for displaying the particle system inside SDK.
Doing this will cause the pure server error when playing official server I guess.

Thanks a lot Kulu. Now I can add particle effects to my bahamut's skills.

TinyPortal © 2005-2015